Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tackling Another Winslow Homer

Based on the Work of Winslow Homer
Winslow Homer was a genius, period.  No amount of practicing will ever make my work look exactly like his.  (Of course, I'd already established the fact that my next career was not going to be as an art forger.)  So this exercise became about painting moving water and, in this instance, spray.  This is somewhat different than the original, but I'm happy with it.  And I'm grateful to Mr. Homer for painting such a beautiful piece to begin with.  You might want to check it out -- his original is called "Incoming Tide."

2 comments:

  1. Love your work. I do a little watercolor; mostly when we are traveling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marsha. I keep forgetting to check my paintings for comments (new to the whole blog thing!). Always glad to talk to another watercolor painter.

      Delete