Monday, July 16, 2012

Girl With a White Collar

"Girl With a White Collar"  (Mixed Media)  © C. Eastwood, 2012
Okay, here she is.  This is the end result of one of the lessons I just completed in my online class I'm taking from Jane DesRosier.  I've actually got a series of photos I took as this one was built layer by layer and the starting point and ending result couldn't be more surprising (and I was there!). She's painted in acrylic over a collaged background and then distressed and stained and all kinds of good stuff.  It's hard to see in the photo, but if you look carefully, you can see the layers peeking through.  Look for the post entitled, "Making of a Portrait" for a view of what this looked like in some of the earlier stages.  I think you'll be surprised, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment