Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Fried Egg Poppy

"Fried Egg Poppy"  (Watercolor, 8"x10")    C. Eastwood, © 2014
The first time I saw one of these, it stopped me in my tracks.  There's something delightfully fun about this huge, frilly poppy that looks like a giant fried egg.  So when it came time to make a painting for the 7th Annual Daisy Miracle Benefit (http://www.daisymiracle.com) which supports the UCSD Neonatal Intensive Care Unit -- this was it.  For the last couple of years, I've painted pictures of little girls, and I just felt like it was time to change it up a bit.  Et voila!  This is my fourth year donating art and I am so pleased to be able to contribute to this very worthwhile cause.  I hope you'll visit the website and read about Miss Daisy and the legacy she leaves behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment