Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Still Working on Loose

"Untitled Profile"  (Watercolor)  C. Eastwood
One more exercise in trying to stay loose and using a painting by Charles Reid as a guide.  This one wasn't quite as traumatic to paint, and it went equally quickly.  I'm still trying to learn from this technique and keep the colors purer and more simple.  It's tougher than it looks, and I suspect is going to take quite a while to incorporate into my own natural style.  It's from our last day of class for this semester, so I guess I'm on my own for the time being.  It might be time to take a break from watercolor and move back to a mixed media painting,   I've got one I started and it would be nice to try and finish it before the next watercolor class begins at the end of January.  So many paintings--so little time!  What a lovely problem!!

No comments:

Post a Comment