Tuesday, September 24, 2013

1959 Impala

"1959 Impala"  (Watercolor)  C. Eastwood, 2013
Okay, then.  Wow -- painting a car.  Yikes -- that was a stretch.  We were told to paint our dream car...or a classic...or a clunker.  Whatever made us happy.  So I tried to imagine my "dream" car and all I could come up with was something that never needs gas, always runs perfectly, and remains clean at all times -- including the windows.  My friends who are car buffs sneered at my description.  Apparently I'm not a "car person."

So I took a suggestion  from my sorority sister, Marie, who knows cars (and who did not sneer), and voila...the 1959 Impala. Famous for their cat-eye taillights, the Impala seemed like a good candidate.  I was excited to give it a try until I realized that the stupid thing has reflections and chrome.  Good grief.  So here it is, in all it's glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment