Thursday, May 29, 2014

Seeing Blue

Detail from "Seeing Blue" (Watercolor)   C. Eastwood  © 2014
Okay -- the final assignment -- and I do mean final.  We were charged with doing a self-portrait (eek!) and I decided that since I've been so liberal in adding odd colors to other portraits that I've done it was only fitting and proper that I treat myself the same way.  I'm not one of those people who naturally smiles when a camera is aimed at them, but I had no idea I would look sad.  I really wasn't, I was simply contemplating the fact that it's time for me to leap out of the nest and the safety of painting class and try doing something with all of this.  That's not to say that I won't take other classes...it's just time to "graduate" and move on.  So maybe what that look was is wistfulness.  It's been fun.  The best part has been the people with whom I've painted and become friends.  So here it is ... a self-portrait of the artist.

"Seeing Blue"  (Watercolor)  C, Eastwood © 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment